It makes me sad when I don't have time to write on my blog or post pictures of, well, anything. If I remember correctly I still haven't even had a chance to do anything with the pictures from Ryan's birthday party.
Maybe I can at least take a few minutes to do a quick run-down of the happenings in our lives lately.
1. Jake studied for almost 8 years, spent countless hours completing his classroom trainings and prayed for a teaching job. I, on the other hand, fell into a faculty position and I'm now an instructor for a course that all incoming first-year and transfer students are required to take.... so over 6,000 students. Aside from the fact that it is an online class, I don't get paid a single dime for being the "instructor", and never step foot into a classroom it is pretty much the same as all other teaching positions. Maybe? I don't really know that for sure since I haven't actually taught anything before. hmmm...oh well. Next.
2. I have been invited to be a guest speaker in a class next week. I'm so excited and nervous and honored. What if the students don't think I'm cool? What if I forget my notes and have nothing to say? What if my zipper is open? What if...um...you know what? That pretty much covers all of my fears. So, here's to me. May I add value to the class and keep everyone awake.
3. We found out yesterday that Ryan will need to have his tonsils removed because they are causing sleep apnea and making it difficult for him to eat. Normally that isn't a huge deal but since he is so young he will have to stay overnight in the hospital. I'm a wreck just thinking about it. I feel just awful that we can't explain what is going to happen or how crappy he is going to feel afterwards. The surgery is scheduled for October 11th so prayers for us that day will be appreciated.
4. Rachel has chosen to be, "Just a little bit potty trained," as she puts it. We are going CRAZY trying to explain to her that she needs to be all the way potty trained. We have pretty much tried everything we can think of...except Dora stickers and a trip to the water park. And so, we bought a Dora potty chart and each star sticker brings her closer to a big sticker and once she gets all of her big stickers we have promised to take her to the water park. Yesterday we actually had some success. Jake seems to think we're on the right track but I still have my doubts. I'll believe it when the water hits my ankles.
5. It is officially Fall! Hooray! I just love this time of year. The weather has been perfect and a few weeks ago I got all of my fall flowers planted. The trees are just starting to turn colors, combines are in the fields (the sight almost always makes me cry...I'm so proud of my dad), pumpkin everything is available for consumption, and football is well underway. What a perfect time of year. Don't you think?
6. Last week I had a fabulous girls night out with two old friends. And, I do mean FAB-u-LOUS. We laughed. We cried. We talked business. We drank wine and enjoyed a wonderful meal under the setting sun. Why don't we do that more often? I do not have a good answer for that. Except time...time just gets away from us.
So, that's the update as of today.
We'll see how tomorrow looks, tomorrow...