April 26, 2013

Do the math...

Are you in need of a good math problem?
And P.S. this is way better than, train A leaves X station at Y time going north. Will it hit a bear standing on the tracks at point Z before train B gets there?

Let's say, on average, my husband and I were getting about 3 hours of sleep per night for, oh I don't know... a standard "current normal" two week period of time.

So, 3 hours/night x 14 nights is 42.
42 hours of sleep in 2 weeks.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night of this week we got a combined total of a whopping 25 hours of sleep.

42 hours over 14 nights

to

25 hours over 3 nights

(Don't worry, I'm not going to calculate some kind of crazy ratio here. I'm sure there is a good one somewhere in this data but, well, I don't have the energy to figure it right now).

In just 3 nights our average has moved from 3 hours of sleep each night to just over 8 hours of sleep. Wow, that is almost like, um, what a normal person might get.

Can you imagine how different our lives will be if this continues?
We might actually have...
Energy!
and
Patience!
and
Less stress!
and
Ambition!
and
Dare I say it...
An opportunity to leave BOTH kids with the grandparents for the night so Jake and I can get away for a few days.

How heavenly!

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!

So, to all of those math teachers who hear, "When am I ever going to use this?"

You can tell them, averages, some day you will need to find an average and will be overjoyed when you see it go from 3 to 8.

Math.
What a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment