February 21, 2014

More on potty training...

I have written roughly a million posts about our struggles with potty training Rachel. We started working on potty training a few weeks after she turned two. She turned four about a month ago...and we are still struggling.

There isn't a single suggestion that someone can give us that we have not already tried. We have tried everything. Everything. And each time we think we have finally made it, we are yet again, disappointed to learn that Rachel is still not quite there yet.

I once read that potty training is not a reflection of good or bad parenting because, after all, it is the child's accomplishment, not the parent's. And yet, for over two years now I have felt like I must be the worst, most incompetent parent. Ever. I mean, there are serial killers and drug dealers who have potty trained their child faster than me.

So, you say this too shall pass....will it pass in less than six months? I hope so because I signed Rachel up for soccer this summer and filled out an application for preschool. So, we're pretty much married to this whole "my child needs to get potty trained" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment