May 15, 2014

In pictures...

I have tons of pictures of my kids. I'm not in any of them, but I have at least a thousand of them on my camera. About twice a year I finally get around to actually removing the photos, and then I do something completely crazy with them. I order hard copies of them. And put them into photo albums.

So bizarre, right?

Some of my most favorite childhood memories involve my family huddled around large photo albums on cold winter nights, laughing at my parents' choice of clothing and pointing out particularly special items that had been forgotten. I remember laughing so hard I cried. And I remember crying. And feeling happy.

That is why I order photos, arrange them (as best I can) in chronological order, and store them in albums. Real, actual albums. Not "e-albums" or whatever kids are calling them these days. Because, some day, I intend to make memories with those photos.

That being said, I'm totally going to cheat and put these pictures on my blog. Because who has time to print and arrange photos?

P.S. I really cheated. These aren't even from my camera.
Mom, thanks for the photos.


My little blond surfer/hippie child.
I was waiting for his curls to grow back but they never did
so I had to cut his hair.
Rachel building a cup tower during her very first
elementary school Fun Night. 
No school Fun Night would be complete without a spaceship and planet tattoo
for the physics teacher's daughter
Beethoven? Not so much.
Adorable? Um, yes!
He looks so little in grandpa's big tractor
Our little lamb meets grandpa's lambs
Trying so hard to see the sheep

Two little "farm kids in training" enjoying a beautiful spring day
on grandpa's tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment