I have decided that it doesn’t matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty; at some point it will still need to be washed.
I often find myself focusing on what I DON’T have so today I will remind myself of what I DO have.
1. I don’t have a nanny but I do have a wonderful babysitter.
2. I don’t have a cleaning lady but I do have a very useful husband.
3. I don’t have a gardener but I do have extremely helpful parents.
4. I don’t have my dream job but I do have a job that is good enough to support my family until my husband is done with school.
5. I don’t have a hair dresser but I do have access to a nice salon that is easy to get to over my lunch break.
6. I don’t have a best friend that lives close by but I do have a lot of good friends that I see regularly.
7. I don’t have experience raising children but I do have plenty of friends and family who do and they all own phones and have access to email.
8. I don’t have a laundry service but I do have a brand new washer and dryer that are no longer located in a dark creepy basement.
9. I don’t have a lot of free time but I do have clean clothes to wear, a presentable house, a full tummy, a perfect daughter and an amazing husband.
10. I don’t have a million dollars. That sucks.