For some reason I can never seem to correctly time my blog posts with the holidays. I am forever posting Christmas wishes in January and Halloween pictures in December. But that's the beauty of having a blog centered around being a working mom...I can always blame it on being too busy (whether this is currently true or not).
For those of you who were on the edge of your seat in anticipation, here it is (in no particular order)...
My "I'm Thankful For" List:
1. The standard stuff that almost everyone includes on their lists. You know, friends, family, good job, a decent place to live, good health, etc. Next.
2. Enough free time to decorate my office with winter-type adornments that suggest it to be a certain unnamed time of the year (That's what happens when you work for a state institution folks...having to be PC happens to the best of us).
3. Little People Nativity sets. I bought one for Rachel this year and used it to explain the Christmas story to her. I wasn't sure if she was paying attention until I found the three wise men on the front porch...they were traveling from afar (to the living room).
4. Elmo. We have officially become "those" parents. You know, the ones who turn on the TV and let their child watch it for an hour so we can collect our sanity. And you know what? It's really not so bad after all.
5. My "social life". You should know that I use these words lightly. "Social life" actually refers to the fact that I am able to attend Bible study twice a month, Bunco night once a month, and Church Council. None of that would be possible without the help of my parents and a few other assorted angels.
6. Starbucks. Yes, they made the list. Why wouldn't they?
7. The Kill Squad. I suppose this also require a bit of an explanation. The Kill Squad is our herd of black cats that we adopted this summer. They live outside and kill mice, and by the looks of what is left on our sidewalks every morning they're doing a pretty good job.
8. Prayer. Oh my goodness. Where would I be if I couldn't pray?! Yikes.
9. My past; I'm thankful for every single bit of it- every wrong turn I have ever taken, every horrible boss I have ever had, every bad decision I have ever made....I'm thankful for it all. At times it's been a long road (and at other times it's been a fabulous journey!), but my past has made me the person I am today. And although some might not agree, I think I'm a bit of okay.
10. Laughter. What a gift laughter is. Always remember that.