November 10, 2011

Mrs. clean...

For the record, I am not crazy.
But, I do need to confess something...

I've been cleaning.

Like a crazy woman.

Our house is almost a century old, and is on a dusty gravel road. It collects dirt and bugs and all kinds of other yucky disgusting stuff. We also have two fat lazy cats who produce a lot of yucky disgusting stuff. In short, my house is dirty. Well, it was dirty. But now, it's clean. Spotless even (okay, so that is a bit of an exaggeration- I can tell you exactly which parts I didn't touch because I was just too tired to care anymore).

After two full "vacation" days, a Saturday afternoon, and several late evenings I can finally sleep in peace knowing that my cupboards are clean, there are no dust bunnies lurking behind or under furniture, and all dead bugs have been disposed of.

Spring is normally the time that I do this kind of cleaning, but this year I couldn't fit it into my schedule. For a while I was able to pretend that I didn't notice how disgusting our living space was getting. Sure, I clean it on a regular basis but still...it was gross. And, after twenty-some hours of back-wrenching labor (maybe not back-wrenching but hey, it wasn't a walk in the park either) our house is finally CLEAN.

When I close my eyes I see a perfectly organized kitchen, sparkling floors, and dust free door frames. It's just magical. Of course, this didn't come without a price tag. I am exhausted, my hands are sore from scrubbing, my feet hurt, and I can't get the smell of cleaning supplies out of my nose.

And,

you know what this means...

Next week, I'll do my regular cleaning and wonder how on earth the house got so dirty.

And then I'll remind myself to schedule my 2012 Fall Cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. You're a super woman. I never Spring Clean, Fall Clean, Summer Clean, Winter Clean or anything else. I can only imagine how disgusting my house is.

    ReplyDelete