June 25, 2015

Throwback Thursday...

On June 21, 2012 I wrote on my blog that I had taken the previous day off to do some pre-baby shopping and make a bazillion freezer meals. You can read all about it here.

I also posted a picture of myself at about 29 weeks pregnant...



Throwback Thursday Poem

Three years ago this month I was pregnant with our son;
Since then, so much we have seen, so much we have done.

We overcame numerous challenges and experienced great joy;
Accumulated many Happy Meal trinkets, for both girl and boy.

We launched our daughter’s educational journey, which has only begun;
Celebrated one college degree and, for whatever reason, started another one.

We made lots of trips to doctors, water parks, and zoos;
Watched our babies grow into children, and survived the terrible twos.

Three years from now we will be living in our new house;
We also hope to fulfill our promise to visit Mickey Mouse.

I don’t know what is yet to come, but let’s get one thing straight;
Only God can help me, to lose my baby weight!


*********

This post inspired by:
Prompt #1: Throwback Thursday





2 comments:

  1. Aw, you looked cute. Love the poem, and it is so true about that baby weight thing ... I must not have prayed hard enough because mine never did go away ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And for whatever reason, started another one"...that made me laugh. A lapse of sanity it sounds like! Love that big preggo belly!!

    ReplyDelete