June 16, 2011

This is ladies night...

Welcome to another entry inspired by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop!

Girls Night Out! Describe the last time you got to hang out with your friends. What stops you from doing this more often?

I had a Girls Night Out a few weeks ago and it was just fabulous. I mean, you can't go wrong with half-price wine hour and sushi with the ladies.

Why don't I do that more often you ask?

Well, here's why...


Time flies. Where does it go, why does it move so quickly, and how do you schedule anything with such a limited amount of it?





Okay, I'll be honest. Sometimes I would rather be doing this than going out with the girls. And, as an added bonus, I would like to look this good while I'm asleep (or awake for that matter).





I hate money, mainly because we never seem to have enough of it. We have 40,000 trees in our yard and not a single one grows cash. What a crock.





As a full-time working mom, I only have about 12 hours a week to spend with my little gal. And sometimes... she is the only lady I really need.



Sometimes. I said sometimes.

9 comments:

  1. I agree, where does the time go? I LOVED half price wine and suishi with you ladies. We will have to make time more often. But thank goodness for lunch together too. It makes my day/week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is never enough time and man I would so love to get my hands on one of those said money trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post and hey I would not mind looking like that either! just stopped in from Mama Kat to say hi and good post!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you find one of those trees, please let me know!

    Your daughter is adorable. Mine had the same dress for Easter. Too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you... on all accounts. Time, sleep, money... and the little honey. :) Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In all honesty I stopped reading at half price wine and sushi and picked back up when I saw that precious little girl in that pretty dress.....but back to this half price wine and sushi....do they have that everywhere? Like maybe in Oklahoma where I'm visiting this weekend???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic post, Angie!!

    And regarding potty training... if she's showing interest, start sitting her down every hour. she probably won't go much. She probably actually doesn't even know! If you get really brave, or have a weekend, have her run around in her underwear. she'll pee... on the floor, but then she might put 2 and 2 together.... if ya know what i mean. we started sitting my daughter down around 18 months. she showed some interest, but then my son was born when she was 20 months... so it didn't last long. She was potty trained at 26 months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No money tree, but you have that little angle! I think you're ahead of the game. She's precious

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is adorable! I hear you on being a working mom and calculating the number of hours available to spend time with the kids. I've not had a girls night out, but regularly take random road trips. It helps. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog for SITS day.

    ReplyDelete