March 9, 2011

Talent search...

It's time for Working Mom's Wednesday. Today's question asks, "Name a talent you don't have, but wish you did." Wow, where do I start with this one?

There are a lot of things I don't do but I have never attributed that to a lack of talent but rather a lack of motivation. At some point I got the crazy idea that I can do anything I put my mind to, and be successful at it, if given the tools, time, and necessary instructions. And, of course, lots and LOTS of motivation.

I am not a doctor or a lawyer or an interior designer or photographer or a teacher or a chef or a master gardener. I am, however, a working mother. I'm the judge and jury, house-keeper, accountant, office administrator, cook, physician assistant, cheerleader, and social planner.

I lack the ability to keep my mouth shut in some situations (I know, this surprised me too). My mind wonders a lot. I often find myself getting hung up on details. My favorite pants don't fit (yet). So, a talent I would like to have is...

wait for it...

The talent of...

Being satisfied with life.

Can you imagine? Now, that's a talent worth having...

Well, that and the ability to knot a cherry stem with my tongue.

How in the world do people do that?!

6 comments:

  1. Um, yeah, pretty sure the hands-down answer is being good in bed. Of course, how do you brag about that or prove it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! loved this post. love the interesting twist you put on it. we often do get caught up in the things we can't do... which results not being satisfied with life.

    me, I wish i could sing... just a little better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a biggie, lol…if I could hold a tune, I'd be happy.

    ~Penelope (I love to write about beauty tips!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, that's a talent worth striving for! :)

    I've found that when I take time to stop and consider what I have to truly be grateful for in my life (even in difficult circumstances) then I find the satisfaction that seems to be eluding me.

    blessings to you in your journey,
    ~h

    ReplyDelete
  5. Satisfied with life....That is a really good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Marie for stopping by and leaving your comment on my SITS day!

    ReplyDelete