Don't get me wrong, I love my new job but there are a few things I miss....
1. I miss blogging. I hardly ever have time to take lunch breaks anymore so my blog life is suffering greatly. How dare my professional career impede on my social blog life, right?
2. I miss heat. My office is new and they're not done with the renovations yet so the heat can't be turned on. It's 40 degrees outside but we all have our windows open because it keeps the place warmer (you think I'm kidding or exaggerating here, but I'm not....that's the crazy thing).
3. I miss common sense. I hate feeling like I don't know anyone or anything and I'm tired of having to ask questions about everything. I'm a true know-it-all kind of gal so having to admit that I'm not? Well....that's tough.
4. I miss having time to walk over my lunch break. I'm getting fatter again. My normal-person jeans fit for about 2 weeks and the other day I tried to put them on and actually heard the button scream for mercy? Do you know how awful that sound is? It's worse than a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant (extra credit goes to those who know the reference here).
5. I miss my old co-worker. I like my new co-workers but none of them sit right across from me and can't share stories about flying poo or have the ability to chat about all the things we have in common.
6. I miss facebook. How will I ever know what everyone is up to?! And, what if I miss "liking" the newest hip hop happenin thing?!
7. I miss the staff discount at the hospital cafeteria. Did you know that people on this side of the river actually have to pay full price for the food they buy at University eating establishments? Gasp!
8. I miss filing cabinets. Mine on are back order and should be here in 4-6 weeks. Oh holy cow.
9. I miss my wireless keyboard and mouse. My computer lost the connections with those things all the freaking time but at least I didn't ever have to fight with cords. Plus, it just really ties the room together (more movie-line extra credit there) when cords aren't present.
10. I miss flavored coffee. My new co-workers and I share the coffee costs but no one else will drink flavored coffee so I either have to make an entire pot just for just me or suffer in silence.
But, on the bright side I don't miss my old job, my old boss, my old building, my old desk or my old duties.....and an office with a window isn't so bad either.