I love Love LOVE the holidays. In my opinion there are 4 seasons...Spring, Summer, Football, and Christmas. I love everything about the holidays. I love the cold and snow and the music and happiness and the family time and I especially love the way we all turn into giddy little children. It's just fabulous.
This year I'm also celebrating Festivus, which is ironic because it was created to be a holiday for "the rest of us"...those who don't like the holidays and the commercialism that has turned Christmas into "Santa's Day." The reason I'm typing a Festivus blog entry is quite simple, it produces good writing material. Although we will not be putting up a Festivus pole or practicing the Feats of Strength I DO want to air my grievances, "I've got a lot of problems with you people".....not really but would any Festivus be complete without a quote from Frank Costanza?
1. I hate that time goes by so quickly.
2. I can't stand the fact that our living room smells funny.
3. I am not a fan of being covered in baby puke at the beginning of an 8-hour drive.
4. I wish my pants would fit. I'm not fat enough for my fat pants (thank God!) but I'm too big for my "normal" pants. I have less than 3 weeks to get into those things.
5. I don't drink enough water anymore and that makes me a horrible person.
6. I drink too much coffee, which also makes me a horrible person, I'm sure.
7. My feet hurt, my lips are dry, and I need a hair cut.
8. I need a new purse, and thanks to my pal Melissa...I'm going to buy one.
9. I want a break from the crazy of life. Last night I was so tired I threw-up and went to bed at 7:00.
10. Christmas should last longer.