It's Working Moms Wednesday and time for my weekly post.
For some reason I'm a wimp when it comes to sharing my goals and resolutions with others. I think it's because I'm afraid that, God forbid, my actions will be held accountable (my Bible study group knows how much I hate that word... accountable... just typing it sends shivers up my spine). But, for the sake of using this blog to better myself, I am rolling up my sleeves, putting on my big girl pants, and taking the plunge.
Here are my hopes and dreams and goals for 2011...
1. Lose Weight. This is on my list every year but this year it truly is something I need to do, not just for my vanity but for my health.
2. Use at least one new recipe every week. We are just a few pasta or casserole nights away from a family vacation to the local psych ward.
3. Take time for myself. I need to get over the guilt of taking time for myself. In fact...
4. Stop feeling so guilty...about everything. And while I'm at it...
5. Stop comparing myself to others. Although it's healthy to want to become a better person or mother or co-worker I don't gain anything from making myself feel like crap because Suzie cooks gourmet meals and my family regularly eats frozen pizza. In the end, we all put our pants on one leg at a time.
6. Have fun! Life isn't about stress and dirty clothes...it's about first spending time with loved ones and enjoying the beauty of my surroundings...and then squeezing in time to fold that last load of laundry.
7. Continue to read my Bible regularly. The holidays have slowed me down a bit but I plan on getting right back to where I started. In fact, I will start tonight! Why wait?!
8. Teach Rachel to love the outdoors as much as I do...and then enjoy them with her!
9. Smile. I was told once that I don't smile enough. The truth is, I hate my smile and I hate the way my fat cheeks fall together around my nose when I smile but still...it probably wouldn't hurt to smile more.
10. Remember that I wrote this list AND actually stick with it.
okay...who is next?