February 3, 2011

I'm a horrible person...

So for today's Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop I decided to go with:
Describe the last thing that made you laugh really hard.

So, this is why I'm a horrible person....

I wish I would have had my camera on me the other day when I walked into the downtown mall entrance. I had just braved several blocks of freezing cold wintry weather, and was on my way to meet my husband. By the time I reached the mall, I was covered from head to toe in snow, gasping for air, and frozen from the face down. I stomped my feet on the rug in an effort to remove some of the snow, but it was so saturated that it just made a smushy sound. And, that was when I noticed that I was surrounded by people. The doors were close to the bus stop so it wasn't unusal for people to wait for buses there, but becuase of the severity of the situation it was a packed house. And, when I looked up I started laughing and couldn't stop.....

Those poor people...they were all standing there watching others struggle in from the cold...and the matching looks of pure terror on their faces was priceless as they stood there and looked out...and saw what they would eventually have to face.

Okay, so maybe it doesn't sound so funny to everyone else but to me..it was HILARIOUS, which is why I'm a horrible person....because I find humor in other people's fear.

6 comments:

  1. I would laugh also- having just gotten through the big 'blizzard' coming through Michigan, I giggle at everyone that makes such a big deal about it all. It's not THAT bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I just cringe when I think about going outside. :( It's freezing here in KS

    Thanks for stopping by my blog; feel free to stop by again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the cold so I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know what sounds scary to me? Snow. I live in Southern California and am not ashamed that I am freezing my butt off in 65 degree weather! (and after you throw a rock-laden snowball at me- just know that I lived on the east coast for ten years)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anticipation is the worst!! Oh, I feel your pain ... moved from Michigan to Raleigh 4 years ago and I don't miss that wintery mix, my friend! Found you from Mama Kat's workshop... stop on by for a visit — We are a collaboration of genXer moms from all over the country, riding the momentum with dirty little secrets, fat summers, minivans & mommy mayhem.
    http://www.southernMOMentum.com (a.k.a. SoMo)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, we just got hit by the blizzard so if I saw that, I so would laugh too!

    ReplyDelete