May 6, 2011

Weigh-in 5b...

You might remember that last week's weigh-in was a disaster. I was mad at myself and frustrated that I can't seem to get off this roller-coaster of success and failure. Each week I either hit a home run or warm the bench...no singles or doubles for me. Isn't it strange how you can psych yourself up so much and be so excited to take on another challenge and then one little bump comes along and you fall apart?

When Rachel falls down she usually looks annoyed that she has wasted her time, but is then immediately back on her feet, running down the uneven sidewalks again...only to fall and repeat the entire process over. Yes, sometimes she cries but more often than not she's ready to just get up and go again. She has an agenda and a mission and has decided that a scraped knee isn't going to get in her way. Perhaps, just maybe, I could learn something from her.

This week I stuck to my strict diet (yes, I'm HUNGRY by the way) and got lots of exercise. Yesterday I didn't exercise at all and I went out with friends for lunch (crab cakes, tomato bisque and for dessert, yes I had dessert, amazingly delicious graham cracker ice cream). Normally this slight deviation from my diet would have generated an "eat all the crap that you want for the rest of the day after all, you have already failed today" mentality. But, instead I got right back up, dusted the crumbs off my mouth, and kept running down the uneven sidewalks.

And I have to say, I'm quite proud of myself.

I lost 5 pounds this week AND reached my first major milestone when I finally hit the 50 pounds lost mark.

Last week I declared that this week would be different.

And I was right.

It's hard to believe that I could ever be wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Visiting from SITS today. Today I started my weight loss journey! I need to get motivated =) Why is that the hardest part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did an awesome job! I hope this week goes as well too.

    Stopping from SITS!

    ReplyDelete