September 8, 2010

My single/childless friends...

This week's entry from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

List the things you no longer have in common with your single/childless friends...and why you love them anyways.

1. Their conversations don't start with the words, "I know this makes me a horrible mother but..."

2. Their vacations cost more than a tank of gas (there and back).

3. They actually have time to sleep in, exercise regularly and cook real meals.

4. Not only do they know what's playing at the movie theater but they can even tell you what is worth seeing.

5. Going out involves a drink and/or a fun outfit.

6. They own a fun outfit.

7. They can tell you what the sermon was about last Sunday.

8. Their facebook picture albums are titled "Chicago July 10" and "Fun things I did last weekend" instead of "spring/summer 2010".

9. They don't get up at the butt crack of dawn to wash bottles, fold laundry and get tonight's meal into the crockpot.

10. They remember what they did yesterday and can tell you exactly what they will be doing tomorrow.

We might not have as much in common but I still love them...especially because they think it's fun to buy stuff for the baby.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my little ol' blog!! I loved this as well!! SO true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list lady...I'm sooo with you on these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! So funny - I remember having fun outfits...and possibly sleeping in but it's all a blur at this point.

    Dropping by from MamaKat's

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, number 3 - the one I envy the most!

    ReplyDelete