I don't often give advice on this blog (instead I usually beg my readers for it) but for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop today I have decided that it's time to give back. So, for those of you who might be in need of some last minute gift ideas for the Royal Wedding...
My ten gift ideas are:
1. A jar of my homemade pickles. Yes, they're that good.
2. A trip to visit a Midwest farm on a perfect spring day
3. A dozen donuts baked by the Amish ladies down the road
4. A night of roasting marshmallows around a fire under a star-filled sky
5. A quilt made by women from the church sewing club
6. A beautiful glass serving bowl that can only be purchased at the local hardware store
7. A bottle of Mondoro Asti (I don't care who you are, no one can turn this stuff down)
8. A basket, straight from my garden, of fresh corn on the cob, vine ripened tomatoes, new potatoes, and crisp cucumbers
9. A double batch of my mother's fabulous rhubarb crisp
10. A bit of sanity (this might be hard to find so start shopping early)
And remember, a thank-you note is not necessary.