These days it's a struggle to keep from drowning in my stress let alone find time to type a blog post. How sad. Blogging is supposed to be therapeutic and calming...sounds exactly like what I need right now.
It's Working Mom's Wednesday and today my favorite working mom, Julia, has asked us to put aside our worries and focus instead on our blessings.
This week I'm blessed because...
1. I have a job to complain about.
2. I'm wearing pants that I couldn't even zip up a few months ago.
3. My husband has FINALLY joined the ranks of adulthood and is turning 30 today (Yes folks, when your husband is younger than you, being able to remind him that he too is getting older is a blessing).
4. My daughter loves wagon rides, daffodils, and family just as much as I do.
5. I have friends who take time out of their busy lives to get together and just enjoy each other's company.
6. The proposed budget for next year actually has a line item that reads, "Angie- Travel/Professional Development"
7. I have scheduled a trip to the zoo for our family this spring- our first REAL vacation.
8. The sun is shining, the grass is green, and the sky is blue.
9. Someone found a student employee to alphabetize 243 folders for me...and they just dropped the box off and it's beautiful!
10. I live in a country that is so wealthy we actually GET to go on diets (I should just keep telling myself that...right?).