April 26, 2011

Motivational bathing...

It's hard to stay or even get motivated to do anything when all you see is rain every day. I can't take it any longer. I need some sun...and some energy! I'm having a horrible time trying to force myself to work on the stuff at the bottom of my to-do pile (you know what I'm talking about....the stuff that you'll do later and eventually that's all that's left). And when it comes to my current diet and exercise plan I'm on the verge of collapse.

Perhaps I can motivate myself with a list of some cold hard honest facts.

1. I fell from the first place spot last week in the Fat Olympics.
2. Last I checked (which was before last weekend's Easter binge) I was just 2 pounds from my first goal. That's it...2 lousy pounds.
3. I ran across a recent picture of me the other day and was appalled to see the way my neck connects to my chinS.
4. In a few weeks we're taking a short vacation and we purposely booked a hotel with a pool.
5. I'm tired of being fat. Nuff said.

If those statements aren't motivating than I don't know what is.

So, I will go refill my water, pop in a piece of gum so I can't munch on crap that I keep in my desk drawer for rainy days (which we have had way too many of lately), and look forward to a big salad tonight.

And remember...

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” - Zig Ziglar

No comments:

Post a Comment